Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm looking into geting ASP.NET certification. I have a B.S. in Comp Sci but limited experience with ASP.

I was told by my peers that I would probably fail the course. They said you need at least 1 year ASP experience. Also most of the ASP courses are extreamly fast. One person went away to Colorado somewhere and did a week class and got certified next. I have a B.S. in Computer Science and have worked with C++, ASP and various applications. But my programming experience is not strong.

I'm looking into geting ASP.NET certification. I have a B.S. in Comp Sci but limited experience with ASP.
There's a Microsoft certification called Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MSCD).





http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mc...





If anything, your peers are underselling how hard it is to get that certification. Gaining certification requires extensive experience in programming concepts and the Windows environment.





There are companies that offer "crash courses" in how to pass the tests. I've never used them, myself.





If what you want is to learn how to use ASP.NET and to have good support, visit http://www.asp.net -- it has tutorials, code samples, starter kits and community support.


No comments:

Post a Comment